“Alexa, ask for avocados”: The Best of Prime 2019 reveals that the members have gone crazy for avocados, Amazon Devices and other favorites.
Did you know that The Best of Prime 2019 has revealed that the members went nuts for avocados this year? “Alexa, ask for avocados.”
What a fantastic year for Prime members! Today Amazon Celebrate the Best of Prime 2019 and Reveal How Prime Members Chose to Enjoy the Best of Shopping and Entertainment in Amazon this year. This is the opportunity for you to discover which were the best-selling products and thus have an idea of the gifts you can give at Christmas. You also subscribe to Amazon Prime for more discounts on select products, and for free shipping.
Prime welcomed more members worldwide this year than any previous year. Prime members in the USA They received three times as many shipments in a day or faster from Amazon’s online store than last year.
Some of the Member’s Favorite Products in the USA include the Echo Dot, the Fire TV with Alexa Voice Remote, avocados, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and the novel “The Handmaid’s Tale”. Find the Best of Amazon Prime 2019 at amazon.com/bestofprime.
“The Best of Prime celebrates the things members liked the most this year and how Prime made their lives a little simpler, more convenient, and more fun,” said Jamil Ghani, vice president of Amazon Prime. “From successful programs like The Boys in Prime Video, up to a wide selection of popular songs in Amazon Music, Prime free shipping on more than 10 million products from coast to coast and fast, free grocery shipping, becoming a Prime member is getting better and better. Based on what members liked best in 2019, we will continue to invest and innovate to bring even more convenience, selection and entertainment to Prime in 2020. ”
The best of shopping
Prime members in the USA They saved time and money this year thanks to fast shipping and exclusive offers:
- Shipping became faster! The Prime members They received three times as many shipments in a day or faster from Amazon’s online store compared to the previous year, and saved time by avoiding hundreds of millions of trips to the store thanks to their shipping benefits.
- Holy avocado! Some of the products most purchased by members this year include the Echo Dot, the Fire tv stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote, the Fire tv stick with Alexa Voice Remote, the AncestryDNA: Genetic Ethnicity Test and avocados. Yes, avocados.
- Instant pot it is fashionable. This member favorite item has been among the best sellers for three consecutive years.
- Members gave smiles throughout the year. They sent hundreds of millions of gifts this past year. Among the most gifted products, other than Amazon devices, were: “Becoming” by Michelle Obama, the Instant Pot DUO60, First Builders Big Building Bag and the children’s book “The Wonky Donkey”. The US states The ones that gave away the most products per person were Delaware, Washington and Virginia.
- Are you hungry? Now your favorite foods, family meals and fresh ingredients are delivered to Prime members with free and fast delivery of groceries from Amazon fresh and Whole Foods Market in more than 2,000 cities and towns, whether it’s the weekly shopping order or if you just need something urgent. Prime members received hundreds of millions of groceries with shipments of Amazon fresh and Whole Foods Market.
- The members needed speed … and wine. This year’s fastest grocery shipment was from the Whole Foods Market, with a bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, and it arrived in just 13 minutes.
- Members gobbled down tons of bargains … and ice cream. Turkeys, roses and ice cream were the top three best-selling deals at Whole Foods Market this past year for Prime members.
- So many discounts! Members from around the world saved over a billion dollars in the Prime day 2019.
The best of entertainment
Members around the world enjoyed more moments than ever with its video, music, reading and gaming benefits. This is a screenshot of the entertainment they liked the most:
Members in the USA They were up to date with the most popular Amazon Originals programs:
- Some of the most popular Amazon Original series in the US were The Boys, Carnival row, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Good Omens Y Hanna.
- Members love Jack Ryan: This year, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan Return to Prime Video In its second season, it had the biggest world premiere of any Amazon Original.
- Fleabag It is certified for originality, scoring 100% critically on Rotten Tomatoes.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel It is our most awarded original series, with a total of 16 Emmys, 3 Golden Globes, 5 Critics Choice and 3 SAG Awards.
- Look for the popcorn! Some of the most popular Amazon Original movies in the US They are: Late night, Life Itself, Beautiful boy, Guava Island Y Chasing Happiness.
The listeners of Amazon Music In U.S.A. reproduced the most recent releases over the past year:
- The artist most listened to was Taylor Swift, who also headed the Prime day Concert of 2019.
- Listeners’ favorite albums were Lover by Taylor Swift, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? Billie Eilish and GIRL Maren Morris, among others.
- The songs most listened to throughout the year were Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road (Remix)” opposite Billy Ray Cyrus, Maren Morris “GIRL”, Jonas Brothers “Sucker”, “I Don’t Care” by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber and Garth Brooks’ “Stronger Than Me”.
- The most requested song on Alexa through Amazon Music was Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road (Remix)” along with Billy Ray Cyrus.
Members around the world improved their level of play with Twitch Prime this past year:
- The rewards within the most popular Twitch Prime games this year were League of Legends, Apex Legends, Grand Theft Auto Online, and Red Dead Online. Additionally, Prime members enjoyed a one-year subscription to Nintendo Switch Online.
- Prime members can also enjoy a selection of free games every month. Some of the most popular free games on Twitch Prime this year were Pikuniku, Downwell, Dear Esther, and Hyper Light Drifter.
Members in the USA they fed their indoor bookworm with Prime Reading:
- The five most read titles in the US They were “The Bad Seed,” “A Curve in the Road,” “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “A Case of Need: A Novel,” and “Beneath a Scarlet Sky: A Novel.”
- Some of the most borrowed titles by genre include “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change” (business and investment); “The Handmaid’s Tale” (literature and fiction); “A Case of Need: A Novel” (mystery and suspense); “And Then You Loved Me” (romance); “1984” (science fiction and fantasy); and “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” (young adults).
Every day is better with Prime
Prime was designed to offer joy every day. More than 100 million subscribed members worldwide enjoy Prime’s many benefits, including the best of shopping and entertainment. In U.S.A. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes Prime Video, access to 2 million songs without ads plus thousands of radio stations and playlists with Amazon Music, unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, free games and in-game rewards with Twitch Prime, exclusive offers on Prime day and more. Prime members can also receive significant discounts on selected popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10% discount on hundreds of products on sale. Prime was created on the basis of unlimited, fast and free shipping. In addition to the more than 10 million products available for free shipping on a coast-to-coast day, Prime members in thousands of cities and towns in 46 major metropolitan areas have access to millions of products with free shipping on the same day. Prime members also have access to free and fast grocery deliveries from Amazon fresh and Whole Foods Market in more than 2,000 cities and towns. Prime costs $ 119 a year or $ 12.99 a month, and customers can start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime. College students can join Prime Student at a 50% discount and enjoy Prime benefits with a free six-month trial at amazon.com/primestudent. Plus, for an additional $ 0.99 a month, student members can get Amazon Music Unlimited and stream over 50 million songs ad-free. Customers receiving government assistance through EBT or Medicaid may also qualify for a discounted Prime membership for $ 5.99 a month at amazon.com/qualify. Amazon Business customers – from small businesses to large companies, as well as educational, government and non-profit organizations – can also take advantage of free, fast shipping of Prime and exclusive business-relevant benefits with Business Prime, available from $ 179 per year for up to three users in amazon.com/businessprime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than focus on competition, passion for innovation, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer Reviews, One Click Purchase, Personalized Recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Alexa are some of the products and services that make Amazon a pioneer company. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow@AmazonNews.
The Best of Prime 2019 analyzed how Prime members in the US enjoyed their Prime benefits from 1st. October 2018 to September 30, 2019, unless otherwise stated. The Amazon Music data was analyzed from the 1st. November 2018 to 1st. November 2019 and include all Amazon Music listeners in the US, not limited to Prime members. The information included in these results examines data at a collective level, without looking at personal information according to specific Prime members.