You will want to include this recipe very often in your meals!
The Emmy nominated chef, Pati Jinich, is not yet ready to say goodbye to the summer season, and for this reason it shares this rich recipe to celebrate the last days of summer. Jinich has teamed up with TABASCO sauce to prepare a delicious recipe that will help keep your spirit sunny whenever you eat it.
Mexican Hot Dogs with Pico Verde by Pati Jinich of Pati’s Mexican Table
Makes: 6 Hot Dogs
For the green beak:
- 2 tomatillos, shelled, rinsed, cut into small pieces
- 6 chives, light green and white pieces, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander, leaves and tops of stems
- 1 tablespoon of TABASCO Willow Jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt thick koshero, or to taste
- ½ pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed and chopped
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 6 turkey sausages
- 4 glasses of Oaxaca cheese, crushed
- 6 hotdog bread
To prepare green beak:
- In a green bowl, add tomatillos, chives, avocado, jalapeño, TABASCO sauce, lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Mix well.
- On a cutting board, roll a piece of bacon into each turkey sausage.
To prepare hotdogs:
- In a large saucepan, heat or grill on medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, separating it into small pieces with wooden spoons or spatulas, for 5 to 6 minutes until they take on color and texture. Scrape in a bowl. In the same jump, add the bacon-wrapped sausages and cook them, turn them every other minute, until they take color on all sides. Remove from fire.
- Fire medium. Add two 2/3 cup servings of grated cheese to a skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and colored.
- Meanwhile, she opens hotdog bread but tries not to separate the top from the bottom.
- When the melted cheese is done and you have created the edge, using the spatula, flip it over the bread. Add the bacon-wrapped sausage, a good amount of the green pick and top the chorizo. Repeat the same step for the others.